The PreOp/PACU RN is responsible for coordinating and managing patient care for surgical patients throughout the preoperative and postoperative phases. They will administer diligent care to surgical patients via assessment, monitoring, and intervention including care for the post-operative patients recovering from anesthesia (general, regional, and local). They will provide support, education, direct care to patients, and act as a liaison between the surgical team and the patient families/support systems. Using comprehensive, multidisciplinary approach to patient care, the PreOp/PACU nurse works closely with the entire surgical team. The PreOp/PACU registered nurse may serve as a: (1) Preoperative Nurse, (2) Post-Anesthesia Care Unit Nurse, (3) Conscious Sedation RN, (4) Pre-Admission Testing (PAT) Nurse, or (5) Infusion Nurse depending on level of experience and training.
*OR Circulator/Perioperative RN
The Perioperative RN is responsible for coordinating and managing safe, effective, and quality patient-family centered care for surgical patients throughout the perioperative process including the preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative phases. They will provide support, education, direct care to patients, and act as a liaison between the surgical team and the patient families/support systems. Using comprehensive, multidisciplinary approach to patient care, the perioperative nurse works closely with the entire surgical team. The perioperative registered nurse may serve as a: (1) Circulating Nurse, (2) 1st Scrub (Instrument) Nurse, or (3) 2nd Scrub (Assistant) Nurse depending on level of experience and training.
*Diagnostic Imaging Manager
The Manager plans, organizes, and directs and manages the operation of the Pagosa Springs Medical Center’s (PSMC) Diagnostic Imaging services Department. The DI manager shall possess the skills and knowledge to lead the Diagnostic Imaging Department including, but not limited to, the following
- Cooperatively work with all PSMC administration and staff for quality patient care and effective, efficient and compliant delivery of DI Services;
- Proactively recommends, develops, implements, evaluates goals, objectives, policies, and procedures related to diagnostic imaging;
- Provides staff support to higher level management within PSMC;
- Selects, trains, and supervises subordinate, technical and clerical staff;
- Proactively manages the department budget, charges, reconciliation, processes and compliance;
- Participates in the on-call schedule of the department;
- Possesses active skills in multiple imaging modalities and ARRT certified; nuclear medicine experience preferred.
* ED RN
The RN provides/administers nursing care to patients in a safe, efficient, and courteous manner; follows proper nursing procedures in accordance with hospital policies and procedures; demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status and interpret the information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his/her age-specific needs. Applicant must have Colorado RN license. Pediatric experience preferred. Sign on bonus / moving expenses included. Come join our team in this beautiful mountain town in Southwestern, Colorado.
We are seeking a Paramedic with experience that values providing safe and compassionate care, integrity and transparency in a just culture. Colorado Critical Care endorsement preferred. We provide exceptional BLS and ALS services to our community of over 1800sq/miles and a competitive wage. Every employee is hired to make significant contributions to PSMC EMS. Minimum current certifications in order to be considered for employment: Valid driver license, National Registry/Colorado Paramedic certification, ACLS, PALS, BLS for Healthcare Providers (AHA).
*Senior Level Oncology Nurse Navigator (ONN)
Accepting applications for Senior Level Oncology Nurse Navigator (ONN) as an integral part of the oncology team in Pagosa Springs, our beautiful mountain town in Southwestern, Colorado. The candidate must be experienced in providing high quality cancer care as well as having leadership and operational skills. The Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders at Pagosa Springs Medical Center opened its doors in February 2018, with an overwhelmingly positive community response. In August 2018, we added a third experienced oncology-hematology provider. Our team is seeking a highly motivated individual who is capable of taking the lead on assessing patient needs, identifying barriers, coordinating referrals, providing education, and assisting with survivorship care plans for all Oncology/Hematology patients. Applicant must possess specialized clinical skills in the oncology nurse navigation role and be well organized. Applicant will work closely with our three providers and cancer center staff to coordinate patient care and will cross train in Infusion for consistency during absences. BLS, PALS and ACLS required.
* ED Tech
Assists in the administration of care to emergency room patients in a safe, efficient, and courteous manner. Must be a Paramedic.
- Assists in the administration of care to patients in a safe, efficient, and courteous manner
- Follows proper procedures in accordance with hospital policies and procedures
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served
- Possesses the ability to assess/collect data reflective of the patient’s status needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his/her age-specific needs
- Prioritizes and assists in the delivery of direct patient care
- Demonstrates ability to perform head-to-toe assessment on all patients within the scope of their practice and reassesses as needed. This includes pediatric, geriatric and the general patient population.
- Ability to adequately assess and reassess pain. Utilizes appropriate pain management techniques.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Ability to perform waived testing (point-of-care testing) per Clinical Laboratory’s and the patient care unit’s policies and procedures.
- Reports the results of waived tests to the RN in charge of patient care.
- Demonstrates ability to deliver an individualized plan of care as directed by the RN and evaluates for effectiveness.
- Demonstrates general knowledge of medical, surgical, and emergency nursing care within the scope of their practice.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of medications and IV fluids within their scope of practice and anticipates patient reaction and/or response to fluids/meds.
- Assists in the triage and the evaluation of all patients presenting to the Emergency Department.
- Identifies physical symptoms and changes and reports finding to the RN in charge of patient care in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the vascular system and the ability to perform successful venipuncture with minimal supervision and/or unsuccessful attempts.
- Demonstrates knowledge of cardiac monitoring and can identify dysrhythmias. Demonstrates the ability to take appropriate action based on rhythm interpretation within their scope of practice.
- Demonstrates ability to initiate and obtain 12 lead EKG and right-sided EKG.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of splint application and/or the application of other orthopedic soft goods within the scope of their practice.
- Addresses psychosocial needs of patient and family. Appropriately adjusts care for patients of all cultural and religious backgrounds.
- Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly
- Meets current documentation standards and policies and completes within their assigned shift.
- Carries out medical and surgical asepsis during treatments and special procedures. Utilizes universal precautions with all patients.
- Assists with orienting new staff members to the department.
- Can perform all the standard job requirements.
* Medical Assistant/LPN/LVN
The MA/LPN/LVN assists the Provider in delivering high quality patient care. Accurately document all necessary information within the patient’s chart. Perform in-house lab tests, EKG’s, and assist with basic procedures. Administer and document medications and vaccinations appropriately. Follow-up with all outstanding patient orders and referrals. This is a fulltime position. Prior experience is required.
* Clinic RN
The RN provides/administers nursing care to patients in a safe, efficient, and courteous manner; follows proper nursing procedures in accordance with hospital policies and procedures. Accurately documents all necessary information within the patient chart. Perform in-hours lab tests, EKG’s and assists with basic procedures. Applicant must have Colorado RN license.
*Nutritional Services Worker
The Nutritional Services Worker will prepare and cook food for hospital patients, staff, and visitors. Must have a flexible schedule and willing to work nights and weekends.
We are seeking paramedics with varying levels of experience that value providing safe and compassionate care, integrity and transparency in a just culture. We provide exceptional BLS and ALS services to our community of over 1800sq/mi. Shifts vary and wages are competitive. Every employee is hired to make significant contributions to PSMC EMS. Minimum current certifications in order to be considered for employment: Valid driver license, National Registry/Colorado Paramedic certification, ACLS, PALS, BLS for Healthcare Providers (AHA). For more information or a detailed position description please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* PRN Occupational Therapist
The Occupational Therapist will provide rehabilitative services to patients. Occupational Therapy license is required.