About the PSMC Foundation
A Brief History
The Dr. Mary Fisher Medical Foundation, d/b/a, Pagosa Springs Medical Center Foundation, has been a dedicated part of the community for nearly 60 years. In October 1959, the Dr. Mary Fisher Medical Center Foundation was incorporated as a nonprofit, with a commitment to establish a family medical practice in Pagosa Springs. In 1996 the Dr. Mary Fisher Medical Center was built on San Juan Street on a site donated by the town.
In 2001, the foundation achieved its Enterprise Zone designation, qualifying donations as charitable contributions for federal and state tax purposes. Such gifts, which now benefit the medical center and the district ambulance service (Emergency Medical Services), are also eligible for an additional 25 percent Colorado State Tax credit.
After years of planning and fundraising by the community, the Pagosa Springs Medical Center’s main hospital building (PSMC) was opened in January 2008, In 2017, PSMC added the outpatient wing to house primary care and specialty services, funded in part by generous donors.