Due to severe staffing shortages, please note the following:
- PSMC’s Saturday Urgent Walk-In Clinic is suspended until further notice. If you have an emergency, please proceed to the Emergency Room.
- PSMC is no longer able to provide COVID testing for travel. COVID CHECK COLORADO, in partnership with San Juan Basin Public Health Department, is providing FREE PCR COVID testing Monday through Thursday from 9AM to 2PM and Saturdays from 9AM to 12PM. Testing is located behind the hospital building. Results are emailed to you directly within 48-72 hours. Walk up, bike up, drive up welcome. Preregistration for testing is encouraged on the day of testing, but it is not required. For pre-registration go to http://covidcheckcolorado.org/ to register for an appointment.
- PSMC will no longer be able to host the mass vaccine clinics on Thursdays. San Juan Basin Health Department is offering a variety of days and times for vaccines. Please go to their website for a day and time that is convenient for you. If you would like more information about boosters, please go to the San Juan Basin Health Department website or call them at 1-877-268-2926 to identify one of many clinics to receive your booster vaccine. PSMC will not make return calls for booster inquiries. For other area vaccine providers, visit https://sjbpublichealth.org/covid-19-vaccine.
Also, due to the recent increase in COVID-19 cases, PSMC is again restricting visitor access.
ONLY visitors essential for helping to provide patient care will be allowed in the following circumstances:
- Parent of a minor child in need of care.
- End of life issues.
- Family member or designated assistance person of patient that requires support.
Any approved visitor must screen negative prior to entry.
NO OTHER VISITORS WILL BE ALLOWED.
All US hospitals, including Pagosa Springs Medical Center, are working closely with their state and local health departments and the CDC to meet the needs of any person in need of care during this public health emergency.
Please access the most up-to-date information at the links below:
San Juan Basin Public Health: https://sjbpublichealth.org/coronavirus/
Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE): https://covid19.colorado.gov
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html
World Health Organization (WHO): https://www.who.int/westernpacific/emergencies/covid-19