Pagosa Springs Medical Center (PSMC) is dedicated to providing quality, compassionate healthcare and wellness to the Pagosa Springs community and surrounding region. Volunteers assist the hospital staff to enhance and support the hospital’s commitment to quality patient care. As a PSMC volunteer, you make a difference in the lives of those in our care by serving as a compassionate individual in an often high-tech environment. You’ll help to add a personal dimension to patient and family hospital visits, and PSMC staff can more easily attend to medical care when volunteers are available to assist with essential tasks. Volunteers can assist in nearly every department of the hospital and perform duties, such as: transporting patients; running errands; directing patients and visitors; welcoming people at our front desk, or attending to the waiting room. Volunteers serve as the ambassadors and liaisons between the hospital and community. Our volunteers are a part of the PSMC family!
Volunteer roles may include:
Meet and Greet
- Greet visitors and patients upon arrival. Provide visitor and patients with information as needed. Direct patients and visitors to the appropriate department or office.
- Transport patients to/from the lab, x-ray or other departments. Escort or direct patients and family members to the proper location in the hospital or clinic.
- Provide clerical duties, as assigned.
Waiting Room Attendant
- Waiting room duties as assigned by staff. Create and maintain magazine/book library for patients. Transport patients to the lab or x-ray department by wheelchair, as needed. Clerical assistance, as needed.
To Become a Volunteer
To become a volunteer at PSMC, please complete the Volunteer Application (link to download) and return to our Human Resources Department. All applications are processed and reviewed. Once accepted, applicants must complete the following:
- Schedule a personal interview with the volunteer coordinator to discuss placement options
- Background check
- Health screening and TB test
- Attend volunteer orientation
- Receive on-the-job training in your volunteer position
Frequently Asked Questions
How much time do I have to commit? Volunteers are asked to work for 25 or more hours of service per year.
What do volunteers wear? Volunteers are required to wear business casual clothing and comfortable shoes.
Does it cost anything to volunteer? No, it does not cost anything to volunteer.
Volunteer Coordinator, Pagosa Springs Medical Center
Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of our patients and staff? Please complete our volunteer application today, and return to our Human Resources department.